Park Head Studio
Recording Acoustic Music
On the West / South Yorkshire border.
Contact Brian Bedford
or e-mail email@example.com
New studio space from October 2019
A small, friendly digital recording studio,
specialising in recording acoustic music, both vocal and instrumental, Park Head
Studio is set in a rural village location, high up in the West Yorkshire
Pennines, close to Denby Dale and Holmfirth and convenient for Huddersfield,
Barnsley, Sheffield, Leeds, Wakefield & Manchester. It is owned and operated
by Brian Bedford, songwriter, singer and 'cellist, known to many as one third of
the internationally renowned vocal trio, Artisan.
"Strong praise too for the production
from Brian Bedford that is as crisp and clear as I have heard on a
traditional record for many years." -
Maverick Magazine., in a great review of The Outside Track's debut self-titled album.
"...and Brian Bedford (who's responsible for the disc's state-of-the-art engineering and production values) even contributes backing vocals on one track." Stirrings, March 2009, in a good review of Midnight's Special's debut CD, 'Arriving'.
"...and with a supportive Brian Bedford production, the disc really can't go far wrong" - Tykes News, March 2009, in a favourable review of Peter and Barabara Snape's 'Take to the Green Fields'.
- Friendly, patient engineer and calm working environment
- A range of top quality microphones. The right microphone
for the right voice or instrument makes a world of difference to capturing a
true, clean sound recording.
- SAW Studio Professional - digital recording and editing with virtually unlimited possibilities.
- All the bells and whistles
you could wish for. Simple stereo or complex and multi-layered. It's your project -
- Digital transfers to and from other studios - worldwide. Singers in Yorkshire, drummer in Ontario? No problem.
- Competitive price.
- We have other formats (ADAT / DAT and even tape)
if you need to rescue your historical recordings.
- Hours are flexible to suit you.
- We can sometimes offer accommodation if you prefer to
immerse yourself in recording for a few days or we can recommend several excellent local B&Bs.
offers a relaxed friendly atmosphere which is totally conducive to excellence
performance." - Karen Tweed
"Crystal-clear production values let each instrument breathe clear, so that their eclectic mix of fiddle, flute, box, guitar
and clarsach step in and out of the limelight with an agility that leaves ego outside the door."
- Siobhan Long – The Irish Times review of The Outside Track
CD Duplication and Manufacturing
- At the end of your recording session you walk away with your CD master which can be sent to any pressing plant (or we can upload it for you electronocally).
- Small runs of CD-Rs can be duplicated in-house for demos, either without side-print
or (more expensive) with.
- When you've got your CD, how do you promote it? We supply a free list
of radio and press contacts.
- Brian Peters, Pete Coe, and Laura Smith (Peterloo project 2019)
- The Threlfalls
- Tanglefoot (Canada)
- Ritchie Parrish Ritchie - AKA RPR (Canada)
- Peter and Barbara Snape (several projects)
- The Outside Track
- Midnight Special
- Paul & Liz Davenport - several projects
- Amy and Gavin Davenport
- James Keelaghan (Canada) - Juno award CD
- William Pint & Felicia Dale (USA)
- Belinda (Bill) Jones - 6 projects - including her Horizon Award CD - Guest musicians: Kathryn Tickell, Coope Boyes & Simpson
- Brian Peters - 5 projects
- Mick & Susie Darling
- Ed McGurk
- The Bailey Sisters
- Mundy-Turner - 2 projects - Guest musician Gerry Conway
- Roy Wilcock & Bridget Guest - 3 projects - Guest musicians: Howard Lees & Tom McConville
- Harvey Andrews (with Bruce Davies)
- Ben Walker - 8 projects
- Pig Jig
- Felicity Down
- David Stevenson
- Artisan - 8 projects
- Zoe Mulford - several projects (we've lost count)
- Zulu Tradition
- Programmes for Radio Britfolk
- Diamond Dac Charnley
- Anna Shannon
- Roger Davis
- The Myke Barritt Trust
- Clive Gregson
- Hade Edge Band - 4 projects
- Bradford Cathedral Choir & Organ
- Yorkshire Youth Orchestra
- UnityVoices - 3 projects
- Bolsterstone Male Voice Choir - 2 projects
- Three's Company
- Roger Davis/Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band
- Kirklees Schools Music (Holmfirth Centre)